Apple is known for pushing forward with software updates and requiring app developers to have those updates in place for their apps. That’s made possible, for example, thanks to the way iPhone and iPad users update their devices to new versions of iOS almost immediately, something Google can only dream about when it comes to Android.
However, there is a drawback – if you own an iPad or an iPhone that cannot run iOS 11 and have an app that requires iOS 11 in order to work, you may be out of luck. What you need is a way to get hold of an earlier version of that app. A version that does not require a version of iOS that you are simply unable to give it.
Thankfully, there is indeed a way to do exactly that as Apple has built this functionality in iOS back since iOS 7 days, and obviously, there’s no jailbreak or computer required for this to work. Here we will show you how and what you need to do in order to download an older version of an iOS app from the App Store using this native feature of iOS.
Step 1: Fire up the App Store and tap on the Purchased button.
Step 2: You’ll be shown a list of all the apps you own, including their icons. Find the app you want to download and tap on it, before tapping Install.
Step 3: At this point, the App Store will warn you that the current version of the app requires a version of iOS that you do not have installed. That’s fine, because it will also ask if you want to download an older version of that app. Obviously, you do. Tap Download.
Obviously, there are downsides here. If the older version of the app requires some sort of server-side support that the developer no longer has in place, there is not much you can do. Bugs that were previously squashed will be back, too.
This is obviously very much less than ideal, but if it’s a case of downloading an old version of an app or springing for new hardware, it is often a no-brainer.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.2.5 Jailbreak: Update On Where Things Stand And What To Expect Going Forward?
- Fix Snapchat Check Your Connection Error On iPhone In 2018, Here’s How
- Download: Pokemon Go 1.61.2 For iOS, 0.91.2 APK For Android Rolling Out
- iOS 12 Beta Download, Rumors, Features, Release Date [Everything We Know So Far]
- Download iOS 11.2.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.5 To iOS 11.2.2 For Potential Future Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.
Like this post on Facebook