It’s fairly obvious that Philips is hugely invested in taking its intelligent Hue range of lights to the next level. The company has long sold a range of intelligent bulbs but has now announced a fairly extensive expansion of the range, which includes entire light fittings and fixtures as opposed to just bulbs.
It was only a few weeks ago that the brand new Philips Hue Adore Mirror was discovered, which was a new intelligent mirror-based lighting system designed to fit seamlessly into a bathroom-based environment. The public had also gotten wind of an outdoor LightStrip that would have immediately brought stunning strip lighting into an external environment.
It seems that Philips wasn’t exactly ready to release those products at the time, but is now ready considering they are all up on the official website of Philips now.
So, in addition to the aforementioned Adore Mirror and the outdoor LightStrip, here are other newly-announced Philips Hue products:
- Enchant pendant light, $100
- Being pendant light, $250
- Ascend pendant light, $150
- Ascend wall light, $100
- Ascend table light, $130
- Ascend floor lamp, $180
- Adore bathroom ceiling light, $180
(Ascend Floor Lamp)
Philips has managed to make a wonderful name for the Hue range by offering a decent array of bulbs and ensuring that the range offers compatibility with home automation technologies like Apple’s HomeKit. However, it makes perfect sense that the company wants to expand beyond simply offering bulbs to fit existing light fittings and more into actually providing the whole lighting experience for multiple areas within the home.
(Being Pendant Light)
One potential issue with this strategy is that it’s being reported that not all of Philips’ new products actually come with the ability to replace the bulbs. Granted, LED bulbs last for what seems like an eternity but if you are worried about the longevity of the light and want something that is going to be with you for the long haul, then it’s probably still an intelligent move to purchase Philips’ existing bulbs and use them in your own light fittings.
If you are excited about this range, then some of it will start shipping August 20th and the rest will be up for sale in October.
(Source: The Verge)
You may also like to check out:
- Best Galaxy Note 9 Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Best Galaxy Note 9 Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 Possibility: Should We Expect One To Come After iOS 12 Release Next Month?
- Download: Android 9 Pie Factory Images, OTA For Pixel, Essential Phone Released
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 6 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 6 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.
Like this post on Facebook