Here are a few excellent and highly useful watchOS 5 features which either weren’t announced during WWDC opening keynote introduction or which didn’t get a lot of airtime.
If you were watching Apple’s opening WWDC 2018 keynote with interest, and paying particular attention to any watchOS 5 announcements, then you’ll be more than aware of what’s coming to the table later this year. However, after some digging, you’ll also be pleased to know that not all of watchOS 5’s new features and improvements were mentioned earlier this week.
If you are an Apple Watch owner, and that Apple Watch is amongst the models which will support watchOS 5 when it finally launches, then it stands to reason that you are going to be extremely interested in some of the more hidden away tidbits which weren’t announced during Apple’s opening WWDC 2018 keynote.
So, let’s not waste any more time and dive right in to see the exposed features:
- A new Edit button within Control Center which allows an Apple Watch owner to control the layout.
- A brand new Podcasts app for Apple Watch which works over cellular and Wi-Fi with remote playback from iPhone.
- A smarter, more intelligent Siri Watch face thanks to the introduction of Siri Shortcuts.
- A new Gray color theme for the Siri Watch face.
- Two new complications for the Solar Watch face.
- Additional data points are shown in the Weather app: UV index and wind speed.
- New Do Not Disturb functionality.
- The ability to manually switch Wi-Fi networks directly from the Apple Watch, using Scribble to enter the network password.
- Grouped alerts.
- The inclusion of a new toggle to allow Siri to work without having to say “Hey, Siri.” again and again.
- The ability to add cities to Weather and World Clock apps.
- Support for web links directly on Apple Watch running watchOS 5.
As Apple introduces new beta versions of watchOS 5, and as more and more individuals start testing the platform and taking an interest in it, it’s likely that we will see additional discoveries making their way into the public domain. However, for now, the list below clearly shows that there is a lot more to watchOS 5 than initially met the eye. Which, in all honesty, can only be a great thing for compatible Apple Watch owners.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.3.1 Jailbreak Exploit For Electra Released By Google’s Ian Beer
- 100+ iOS 12 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- Download iOS 12 Beta OTA Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 12 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- iOS 12 Beta 1 Release Notes, Changes And Known Issues According To Apple
- How To Downgrade iOS 12 Beta To iOS 11.4 [Tutorial]
- Download macOS Mojave Wallpapers From Here
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.
Like this post on Facebook